Sonel Test Measurement MIC-2501
Indicating the conditions of the insulation of electrical networks and equipment is an important element for ensuring efficient protection against electric shocks. Recently, the company, SONEL S.A., has been working hard on the development and production of state-of-the art devices for such testing. A number of models with test voltages up to 5 kV and to 10 kV have been implemented. Due to extended measurement functions and immunity to electric fields and other interferences, they are one of the leading products used in professional power engineering for complex and advanced insulation resistance testing. Common insulation resistance tests carried out in receiving end of the electrical grids do not require such extended measurement functions, as this leads to an increase in the overall dimensions of the device. Therefore, with a large group of electricians in mind who test receiving end electrical systems in the broadly defined municipal infrastructure, industries, office buildings or private housing – Sonel MIC-2501, a new insulation resistance tester has been designed and launched onto the market.
This kind of testing is most often carried out by small or even one-man electrical service companies. Therefore, the main objective was to design such a device where the high technical parameters would be maintained, while its manufacturing costs would be optimized and reduced compared to those of previous models. It should be emphasized that both the functionality and ergonomics result from collaboration with the present users of meters manufactured by Sonel S.A. The device has been designed in compliance with PN-EN 61557- 2 and allows insulation resistance testing to be performed as described in, amongst others, PN-HD 60364-6 and PN-EN 04700.
- Two- or three-lead insulation resistance measurement
- Selectable measurement voltage from the range 100 to 2500 V in100 V steps
- Acoustic determination of five-second periods of time
- Measuring T1, T2 and T3 times to determine absorption coefficients for 15, 60 and 600 s, indication of actual test voltage during measurement, protection against measuring live objects
- Low voltage measurement of circuit continuity and resistance: leakage current measurement during insulation resistance testing
- DC and AC voltage measurement within the range 0750 V
- Memory: 990 cells (11880 records), data transmission to the PC through the USB cable
- Battery-powered insulation tester